Location Metadata

I did look through the help files, but found only general info. I wondered if you would do a walk through on how to add location metadata to photos taken with a DSLR. I typically take a photo or two with my iPhone for reference. I use ViewExif on my iPhone and it provides Latitude/Longitude in the format N: XXº XX’ XX" and Lat: W: XXº XX’ XX". I see a few options for location data nodes, but I am unclear as the purpose for each, e.g. a descriptive text entry vs. the specific latitude/longitude. If the latter how to format the data and the correct node to use. Thanks!

Adding location data isn’t something we offer yet. The plan is to make a very specific node (with a map and the ability to enter coordinates). So look for that in a future release.

I can’t wait to see this! I’d like the ability to enter not just coordinates, but type in a location and have the coordinates populated like Photos does. I just got back from vacation and had a number of photos that I had to geotag and ended up doing it in Photos, exporting them, and then re-importing them. (If you don’t export in Photos, the location data isn’t written to the EXIF information and if the Photos databases gets corrupted, you lose that info).

Would personally really love to see this feature! I often download some photos off of community members’ Facebook posts that I want to save into my own albums from our events, and they tend to be at the same space. A certain prolific podcaster was just complaining about Photos’s difficulty with setting locations in bulk quite recently…